Friday, February 25, 2011

I'm Walking to Chicago: 700 km (435 Mile)

Not really but I decided to take up the suggestion of Ms M from Fatscapades of a Redheaded Chick and put in my miles/kilometers in the next 6 months.

I am not someone who actually likes to challenge myself but I can do this. In my last post I mentioned how important exercise was in keeping young. If those tiny little mice can walk on a treadmill to stay young, I can too! 

So I will put on my pedometer and walk, from Toronto to Chicago, virtually. I am vacillating about going to Chicago. My DH and I are planning a cruise down the Danube in October. Looks like we will be booking the end of October which leaves me free to go to Chicago for BOOBS 2.0. I'm actually thinking of driving. I love to drive and maybe, just maybe Gilly will join me for the last half of the trip (700 km or about 7 hours)?

Here is my goal:
Drive from Ottawa to Toronto to get Gilly: 348 km
700 km from Toronto to Chicago
7 months, 214 days 
100 km per month 
3 km per day.
Yup, I can do this.

Tie up your runners. Warm up and then come join the walk to Chicago.

On your mark, get set. GO!

15 comments:

Steph said...

Sandy, Chicago won't be the same without you there. I need you to sing karaoke with me when I am shit faced drunk. You are so awesome, I would love you to be there with us...Please, please come!!!

Barbara said...

YOU NEED TO GO TO CHICAGO... REALLY.. no Sandy .. no fun.. no kidding..

Bonnie said...

You totally need to go to Chicago. I want my chance to sing karaoke with you drunk. :) Good luck with your walking.

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Um...I'm going to Chicago just to have another talk with you so you must go!

Ms. M said...

So glad you decided to do this. You can totally do it! Can't wait to see you. :)

Tina said...

I'm going and what a totally excellent idea to walk there :) I will see how far I have to go..maybe I can combine my walking and biking and get my but off the couch finally again.

go go go..so i can meet you!

xxxooo

Jen from Oregon said...

what a great goal! Love it!

Read said...

I love the goal and am going to look into what that would mean for me to do it too.

And please, please, please go!!!

~Lisa~ said...

While you're at it, stop by in Pennsylvania - we'll have a drink (or two.... Or....)!!

Jacquie said...

You have to come...who is going to cheer me on while I am eating my Chicago Dawg?

Rhonda said...

Woohoo! I'll see you there! :)

CC said...

i need you to feel my bones again :)

Sam said...

Does anyone know how many KM or miles it is from Brisbane Australia to Chicago?!? Do you think I could swim there :p Have fun with your walking challenge :o)

Jen said...

You have to come, I hope that is a yes. I'm taking it as a yes anyway. It's harder to tell someone no when they already think it's a yes. Amiright? Wink.

Walk Sandy, Walk!! Great challenge for yourself. Exciting!! You better buy stock in sneakers.

-Grace- said...

What a great idea! I really hope you do make it to BOOBS 2.0, Sandy! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...