Monday, April 11, 2011

Oprah's Master Class: The Lessons

A small  epiphany. As I lazed around on Saturday surfing the TV channels, I came upon Oprah's new network (OWN) and the series called:


OMG, can someone say lifechanging?

A few weeks ago, Drazil gave us the question: "Who had or has had the greatest impact on your life?" Even though I didn't do BYOC that week, I did think about that one question and all that would pop in my head was Oprah. Not sure why but I have admired her for years. We were born in the same year (1954) and the same month (March). She's black, I'm white. She struggles with her weight and so do I. She has curly hair and so do I. She has scads of money, but sadly I don't. But I admire her insight and what she has done with her life.

This series is amazing. I was stunned by her commentary. It resonated to the depth of my soul. If you get a chance to watch her Master Class, please do or go to the website and read the various "lessons". You can watch the various videos.

Here is the link: Oprah's Master Class Lessons.
The last one was one of my favourites. Blogging has given me a connection to you guys that sustains me. I would not be where I am today without knowing you through your blogs.

I wish I had taped the interview but there will be other people profiled over the next few months (Maya Angelou, Diane Sawyer and a bunch of others). It is a show that I will record as I seek my purpose in life (one of the reasons I posted about seeing a psychic).

But maybe it is just seeking the answers inside me. And being reflective.

Either that or I need therapy really bad.
  


9 comments:

Jacquie said...

I too have always been drawn to Oprah. With all her money, she still struggles with the same issues as you and I...especially the weight issue.

I've been taping these but havent watched yet...I will though! Great post Sandy!

Theresa said...

Sandy I feel the same about the blogging community, it's been such a blessing in my life. I feel like I'm at a point in my life that things are definitely changing and I know great things are in store for me, we will all find our purpose, it's exciting!

Pamela E. Williams said...

I love watching Master Class. The one where she was the one giving the lessons made me cry especially when she told of not being allowed to go in the house. Wonderful lessons. Thanks for posting these. I need to revisit.

Oh btw, I will so go with you to a psychic in Chicago.

tagyourit said...

I am going to have to tune in to that. THanks for the post.

Jess said...

I have never really cared for the "deep" kind of talk shows or hosts for that matter. I never did care to watch Oprah as popular as she is. I guess I'm just not "there" yet in my life.

BUT! I am totally open minded about finding answers within yourself and seeing phsychics or mediums to search for something greater than what can be seen. I totally get that. And if you need therapy for that then we all do! :)

Cindylew said...

Maya Angelou is my absolute favorite human being and I loved her class best. A more intelligent and gracious woman, there has never been.

Dinnerland said...

I am interested to click on at least one of those links-- Oprah is great for self-help, nothing wrong with that.
And Maya Angelou definitely is an amazing spirit-- I wonder what it is like to be her???

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

I love you iMom - for doing my BYOC in your head...LOL

Read said...

I've added it to my DVR - and will totally being looking into the Maya Angelou one as she's one of my favorite human beings!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...