Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Enjoy the Life you Have

Yesterday, Kristin wrote a comment on Barbara's blog which really touched my heart.

"Enjoy the life you have, even though it may not be the life you planned."

As I sit here pissed at the world because of a horrible situation at work, I realize we are in charge of how we deal with the good things and the bad.

Today I choose to cherish the good things about the life I have and block the bad things that are happening.

Last night was a pig-fest. I decided not to crack open a bottle of wine but I did revert to another form of crack for me. My friend, food. Yup, anything and everything went through the band last night. I did a lot of chewing too. I've done this before, using food to drown out the crap and I know it will happen again. I will move on like always, realize the behaviour and know that this isn't the life I planned but the life I have.

I have three more days of dealing with a very toxic work environment. Then I'm on to a new position, new manager, new team. One piece of advice I have embraced was that people don't leave their jobs, but rather leave their bosses. And right now that is the truth.

This wasn't planned, but it is a new door opening. New opportunities.

I have incredible support from a few close friends who are there to listen to my rants. They have been my life-support and hope they know how precious they are to me.

For today, I will enjoy the life I have.

11 comments:

Alison said...

Sorry thinks are so tough for you, only 3 more days to go!
I find when things get really tough and I'm dealing with idiots I spell out rude words on the roof of my mouth with my tongue whilst they are talking to me, not very grown up but it cheers me up!

Amanda Kiska said...

I'm so glad you're able to get out of that horrible situation! Can you call in sick for the rest of the week?

DiZneDiVa said...

Hang in there Sandy, a few days more and you're on to greener pastures.

Steph said...

Big hugs to you and know that the worst will be over soon. We all have those days where food is our crutch and we slip off that wagon seat. But we dust off the crumbs and get back on track, hopefully a little wiser! :)

Darlin1 said...

"Enjoy the life you have" Boy isn't that the truth!

Hang in there!

Barbara said...

Amen.. who knows me better than you!!
And don't worry about the current situation at work.. my mom used to say to me during my stressful moments "this too shall pass".. you will look back and say pfft!!.. I am on to greener pastures! Hugs..

Rachel said...

Sandy that is a great attitude...and I'm sorry for your toxic work environment...its so horrible because we spend so much time at work...I'm glad you are moving on!!! I think your experiences and just your general kindness will make your new environment better!!!

Cindylew said...

Oh my little tootsie roll...I'm sure the worst is behind you. 3 more days and then you get a brand new start with which you can do just about anything...life is pretty cool that way.
Love you and can't wait to see you.

Theresa said...

Kristin's comment struck a chord with me as well. My Mom used to say, honey....bloom where you're planted. It's true, we control more than we give our selves credit for controlling. I'm sorry things are tough right now. I hope you find comfort in knowing that you have your very own cheering squad here in blogland!! Big Hug!

Beth Ann said...

Great outlook! Good luck with the new postion. :)

Rhonda said...

Such a positive post - you do have to enjoy the life you have. Glad you're getting out of a stressful working/management situation, hopefully you'll be much happier where you're transferring to!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...